This robust Hawaiian soup, packed with Portuguese sausage, ham and kidney beans, is instant comfort in a bowl with a light smoky tomato, and vegetable flavor finished with a hint of chili pepper.
Water, Kidney Beans (Dark Red Kidney Beans, Water, Sugar, Salt, Calcium Chloride [Firming Agent], Disodium Edta [For Color Retention]), Pasta (Water, Fine Ground Durum Semolina [Wheat]), Tomatoes (Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Salt, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride), Portuguese Style Sausage (Pork, Water, Nonfat Dry Milk, Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Spices, Sodium Erythorbate, Natural Flavorings, Sodium Nitrite), Ham (Cured With Water, Salt, Vinegar, Brown Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Maltodextrin, Sugar, Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Erythorbate, Dextrose, Spice Extractives, Sodium Nitrite, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots, Green Cabbage, Celery, Modified Corn Starch, Garlic (Water, Garlic), Cultured Dextrose, Salt, Black Pepper, Hickory Smoke Flavor (Maltodextrin, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor), Chili Pepper.
Contains: Wheat, Milk.
Caution: Soup will be hot. Use care when removing soup from saucepan.
Heat in Saucepan – Thawed:
- Allow to thaw in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours
- Carefully snip the refrigerated soup pouch open and pour contents into a saucepan.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently to avoid scorching until product reaches 165˚F.
Boil Pouch in Water – Frozen or Thawed:
- From frozen state: Allow to thaw in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Carefully place soup pouch in pot of boiling water over medium-high heat.
- While boiling, move the pouch around occasionally with a utensil to prevent the pouch from settling on the bottom of the pot.
- Cook until product reaches 165˚F.
Approximate cook times:
- Frozen: 40-45 minutes
- Thawed: 15-20 minutes
- Snip pouch corner and pour into soup bowls.