Pamper yourself with this easy recipe for a universally loved comfort food. Ivar’s classic mix of chicken, vegetables and rich cream makes the perfect complement for a flaky pastry crust.
- 1 48-ounce package Ivar’s Chicken Pot Pie Filling
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Pour the pot pie filling into a 13 x 9-inch casserole. Mix in the parsley.
- Unfold the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut the sheets crosswise into 1-inch strips. Weave a lattice over the top of the casserole with the strips, tucking in any excess pastry around the edges. Place the casserole on a baking sheet and bake until browned and bubbling, about 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.